Thursday, June 11, 2009
first of all, thank you to anyone who has commented here. i love reading all your nice comments! also thanks to anyone who followed us over from wordpress. sorry for switching it up on you like that.
anyway, today's recipe is pretty simple, but its delicious and its one of those things you can pretty much throw whatever left over vegetables you have into.
without further ado,
easy curry! serves 1
as i said, you can use almost any leftover veggies. i used:
*1 cup leeks, the dark green parts only, sliced
*about 1/2 a small red onion, sliced
*1 smallish tomato, chopped
then you've got your legumes. i used:
*about 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
you can also use lentils or kidney beans
last component is the sauce. any kind of indian curry/simmer sauce will work. trader joe's has a bunch of great ones. i used:
*1/4 cup seeds of change madras simmer sauce
*1-2 Teaspoons olive oil
1. heat oil in a nonstick pan.
2. add leek and onion, saute until soft, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently
3. add tomato, continue to saute for 3 minutes, stirring frequently
4. add sauce, stir to coat ingredients
5. add chickpeas, stir in mix in. cook 1-2 minutes, until thoroughly heated.
6. add sriracha to taste (some sauces are spicy already, so you might not need any hot sauce). serve with warm naan, if desired.