Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pumpkin Gnocchi



I came home today to find Lola already in the middle of making some pumpkin gnocchi (using a recipe from Cooking Light magazine) Since I'm writing this, I could claim that I took over and was responsible for how delicious and pretty they turned out. But actually Lola did most of the work while I made a salad and our dad sauteed some mushrooms in olive oil and garlic. While we were doing that, Lola made a gratin with the gnocchi, butter sauce, and some Parmesan cheese (also following the Cooking Light recipe). The pictures don't exactly capture it, but the gnocchi were a lovely orange color.
-Rita
the recipe
a little bland (not really that pumpkiny), but good and a nice texture. we ate the whole recipe between the four of us even though it says 6 servings. probably would be 6 servings as a side to meat or something heavier.
also, my dear sister is so modest. she was very helpful in making this.
-Lola

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

I think I need a sister!!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, i bet pumpkin gnocchi would be so good (esp since i don't like regular potato gnocchi!)

Natalie Que said...

Just took a quick glance at your blog, I can't believe two busy college girls are making this amazing food in their dorm! You're amazing!

the twins said...

thanks for the comments everyone!
hot garlic--we're not cooking in the dorm now since we're home for summer. unfortunately once we go back to school we will have a ridiculously tiny kitchen, but we'll try to keep the recipes amazing. =)

Jenn Shagrin said...

Thanks! I'm so excited. I love visiting my parents and letting someone else do the cooking :)

I love gnocchi. I made cavatelli noodles a while ago, then used some of the leftover dough to make some gnocchi. So good.