Friday, June 19, 2009

soba with pesto and mascarpone


whenever I can't think of what to cook, I always end up making some variation of pasta with pesto and cheese. Today for lunch, I decided to change it up by using soba instead of regular pasta. I also used the mascarpone we had left over from our ravioli. I know the picture isn't very attractive, but my soba was delicious. I think it would be great with some sun-dried tomatoes too, so add those if you happen to have some. I don't remember the exact quantities, so this recipe is just an estimate.
Soba with pesto and mascarpone
serves 1

-a handful of soba noodles
-1/2 a tomato, chopped
-about 1/4 cup pesto sauce
-about 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
-1 roasted red pepper, jarred in olive oil, chopped
-1 leek, chopped
-olive oil for frying
-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
cook the soba according to package directions. while it's cooking, heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet, then add leek. saute until leek begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Once the soba is done cooking,turn off the stove, drain the pasta and return it to the pot you cooked it in. add leek, tomato, pepper, pepper flakes, and pesto sauce. turn the heat back on to a very low temperature and add the cheese gradually, while stirring it to coat pasta. Once the pasta is coated with cheese, turn the heat off and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This dish sounds delicious! Can you believe I've actually never tried pesto before!? What a great recipe for a fabulous, healthy lunch.

xxoo
Heather